I give many keynote addresses, but I would rather work WITH educators than just speak AT them. Since 2012 I have been traveling the country, and now the world, sharing my knowledge base with large and small audiences of teachers, administrators, trustees, parents, students, and interested members of the wider community about:
- Global challenges to the tradition of “school”
- The emerging model of the learning ecosystem
- The obstacles to school change
- How schools successfully overcome those challenges
- Linking vision and value to action
- How to build a truly student-centered learning experience
- Financial and community sustainability of schools
I try to keep my “lecture” down to less than an hour, leaving large blocks of time for collaborative, active, design thinking-based learning and action planning by the attendees.
I also do not believe that every school group needs to hear the same message. I take time ahead of each event to understand the audience and how I can tailor my time with that audience to best meet their specific needs.
What 60 Schools Can Tell Us About Teaching
21st Century Skills
Grant Lichtman at TEDxDenverTeachers
Listen to Grant’s interview with Nick DiNardo on the Meet Education Project as he highlights some of the key findings of his book, #EdJourney. He discusses the nature of the evolving learning ecosystem; keys to school innovation; similar obstacles and opportunities shared by very different school systems; and more.